Should the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET 10.2.4 work on a laptop with ArcGIS 10.3 installed?

Jump to solution
01-06-2015 11:52 AM
ScottIndieDeveloper
New Contributor

I installed the SDK on a laptop running Windows 8.1 with Visual Studio 2013 Update 4. ArcGIS 10.3 Desktop is installed. No other ArcGIS products installed. The installation of the SDK seems to be successful, right up until the very end when the installation starts rolling back.

Should I expect this to work? Do I need to wait for an update to the SDK?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottIndieDeveloper
New Contributor

I found that the installation defaults to installing templates for VS2012, even if VS2012 has never been installed on the machine (as this is my case). After watching a failed attempted to install, I attempted to install again but cleared the option to install the VS2012 templates. That attempt completed successfully.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ScottIndieDeveloper
New Contributor

I found that the installation defaults to installing templates for VS2012, even if VS2012 has never been installed on the machine (as this is my case). After watching a failed attempted to install, I attempted to install again but cleared the option to install the VS2012 templates. That attempt completed successfully.

0 Kudos