SDK - rolling back

11-13-2014 12:19 PM
SivaVysyaraju
New Contributor II

Does anybody experience the problem with SDK download? It completely installs and at the end it says "rolling back action".

Please let me know.

Thank you

Regards,

Siva P Vysyaraju

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

Could you try to install the SDK by running and send me the log file?

msiexec /i C:\Temp\netsdk\SetupFiles\Setup.msi /l*v c:\DotNET_SDK_Install_LOG.log

0 Kudos
SivaVysyaraju
New Contributor II

Hi, I got it fixed. all i need to do is, un-check the visual studio 2012 setup

0 Kudos
nie
by
New Contributor II

Antti Kajanus 撰写:

Could you try to install the SDK by running and send me the log file?

msiexec /i C:\Temp\netsdk\SetupFiles\Setup.msi /l*v c:\DotNET_SDK_Install_LOG.log

I've got the same problem and followed your method.

A really huge log file was generated. Could you please help me find out something meaningful in it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/myk3zpryncsos02/DotNET_SDK_Install_LOG.zip?dl=0

I'm not sure whether or not to "un-check the visual studio 2012 setup" (I'm using VS2013) is appropriate. The installation complete, it works, but without templete integrated into VS, is there anything I need to do manually?

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for providing a log. There shouldn't be anything that you need to do manually.

Can you check if the templates are laid to the disc? For example, you can find desktop from template from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\CSharp\Windows\1033\

If the templates are there, you could try to run either /installVStemplates or /setup command from command line.

0 Kudos
nie
by
New Contributor II

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked the folder named "2052"(the folder named "1033" does not exist) and found nothing. But I've got something else:

In this folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplatesCache\CSharp\Windows\1033\ArcGISRuntime.Desktop.10.2.4.zip(the folder name, not a zip file)",these files are laid:

• ArcGISRuntime.Desktop.vstemplate
  • ArcGISRuntimeApplication.Desktop.csproj
  • App.xaml
  • App.xaml.cs
  • MainWindow.xaml
  • MainWindow.xaml.cs
  • PreviewImage.PNG
  • TemplateIcon.ico

I have finished the first step in Tutorials——“Add a map to your app” successfully. It seems that everything is OK, to add the reference, to start debugging……

Maybe I just doesn't need to worry about it?

0 Kudos
nie
by
New Contributor II

I created the folder "1033" manually, executed the setup.exe again, selected the maintenance operation "Modify", checked both "Blend for Visual Studio 2013" and "Visual Studio 2013", then the installation finished successfully.

A new file named "ArcGISRuntime.Desktop.10.2.4.zip"(a zip file not a folder) was laid in both

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Blend\ProjectTemplates\en\CSharp\Wpf"

and

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\CSharp\Windows\1033".

Nothing else different.No new items in "New Project" window of VS2013.

Uh……

0 Kudos