runtime manifest created but will not open

Jump to solution
09-25-2015 11:27 AM
MikkelHylden
Occasional Contributor

I have the runtime SDK (Full version, not GIT) installed.  I can run the action on my window app project to create the deployment manifest, but cannot open it.  I get an error message from Visual Studio 2013 saying "Operation could not be completed.  Library not registered"

If I open the manifest manually in a text editor, it just shows the main runtime:

{

"version": "10.2.6",

"suppress": [],

"include": {

"ArcGIS Runtime": true

}

}

I saw other posts indicating that the registry entries may be in the wrong place, but I looked in the registry and they do appear to be in the WOW location, which was listed as correct.

Any ideas on why this is failing?

Thanks,

Mikkel

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikkelHylden
Occasional Contributor

Just as a follow up - I couldn't see any significant differences between the projects.  I loaded my project in the test app solution, and it worked. 

Going back to the solution, the difference appears to be that I have an installer project along side my application to build a setup app to build directories, etc.  I unloaded that and then the manifest came up ok. 

So while I don't understand why an app in a different project would affect it, that seems to have done the trick.  I'll have to reload the installer whenever I'm getting ready to do a release, but I think I can work around the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mikkel,

I have attached a very simple windows desktop project using 10.2.6 .NET runtime. It also has the manifest file. Can you please trying running this project in VS and opening the manifest file? If you cannot open try reinstalling the runtime .NET.

0 Kudos
MikkelHylden
Occasional Contributor

That one opens just fine - I see the expected tree view of checkboxes for components to turn on or off.

I'll have to see what is different between the two projects, but at least initially both are windows applications, and include the same 10.2.6 runtime. 

0 Kudos
MikkelHylden
Occasional Contributor

Just as a follow up - I couldn't see any significant differences between the projects.  I loaded my project in the test app solution, and it worked. 

Going back to the solution, the difference appears to be that I have an installer project along side my application to build a setup app to build directories, etc.  I unloaded that and then the manifest came up ok. 

So while I don't understand why an app in a different project would affect it, that seems to have done the trick.  I'll have to reload the installer whenever I'm getting ready to do a release, but I think I can work around the issue.

0 Kudos