Runtime Content Needs to be Generated Multiple Times

Jump to solution
03-13-2015 02:32 PM
JeremyMullins1
New Contributor III

I am using ArcMap 10.3.0.4322 for Desktop with a Basic License. When I share my layers as runtime content and then try to view them in an ArcGIS Runtime Environment (using Runtime SDK for .NET), the layers sometimes get cut off. It doesn't matter the type or the size of the file (polygonal zones for county or streets layer for the entire state), it still takes multiple times of attempting to share the layers as runtime content before it actually recreates the entire layer. I thought it was because I wasn't zoomed out to the map's full extent, however, after testing that hypothesis it turned out to be false.

Any ideas as to what the issue might be?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HuyHo
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

We had the same problem, it took us a while but we think we know what is causing the issue. When you click the "Analyze" button before you share the map, the "Prepare" dock window will appear and clip off the bottom portion of your map.  (The Share As > Runtime Content takes your current map display extent to clip your map).  Even when we close the Prepare window or avoid "Analyze" prior to Sharing, we find that this Prepare window can still pop up and immediately hide itself.  But I guess there's still timing issue where sometimes it will clip the map and other times it doesn't.

We find that the best way to avoid the clipping is using the "Create Runtime Content" tool.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
HuyHo
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

We had the same problem, it took us a while but we think we know what is causing the issue. When you click the "Analyze" button before you share the map, the "Prepare" dock window will appear and clip off the bottom portion of your map.  (The Share As > Runtime Content takes your current map display extent to clip your map).  Even when we close the Prepare window or avoid "Analyze" prior to Sharing, we find that this Prepare window can still pop up and immediately hide itself.  But I guess there's still timing issue where sometimes it will clip the map and other times it doesn't.

We find that the best way to avoid the clipping is using the "Create Runtime Content" tool.  Hope this helps.

JeremyMullins1
New Contributor III

Huy,

Thanks so much for the help! I saw this feature but the concept didn't click until you mentioned it. Thanks again!

0 Kudos