Runtime 100.10 missing RuntimeCoreNet100_10.dll Error

02-24-2021 10:48 PM
YaronAvraham
New Contributor III

I've upgraded the runtime in nuget from 100.9 to 100.10, now i'm getting the following error at runtime:

"deployment folder, missing dll ...\arcgisruntime100.10\client64\RuntimeCoreNet100_10.dll"

when i look into the client64 folder i have the following files:

runtimecore.dll, runtimecorenet.dll, runtimecorenet.wpf.dll, RuntimeCoreNet100_10.WPF.dll

the packages i have installed are:

Esri.ArcGISRuntime

Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Toolkit

Esri.ArcGISRuntime.WPF

i did find RuntimeCoreNet100_10.dll in the .nuget\packages\esri.arcgisruntime.runtimes.win\100.10.0\runtimes\win-x64\native

but when i copy it to the arcgisruntime100.10\client64\ folder i get the following error:

System.DllNotFoundException: 'Unable to load DLL 'RuntimeCoreNet100_10.dll': The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

any idea?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Your project hasn't resolved the dependencies properly - perhaps you're using packages.config? (see this article for instructions on how to migrate to package reference https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/nuget/consume-packages/migrate-packages-config-to-package-reference).

I recommend migrating to the package reference approach and following the steps below: 

- Uninstall Esri.ArcGISRuntime

- Uninstall Esri.ArcGISRuntime.WPF

- Uninstall Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Toolkit

- Unload your project and open in a text editor

- Check there are no references left to those packages (including any rogue error conditions near the bottom of the file)

- Reload your project

- Install Uninstall Esri.ArcGISRuntime.WPF: This will resolve the dependencies to Esri.ArcGISRuntime and then Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Runtimes.Win.

- Install Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Toolkit

0 Kudos