"QueryTask" at 100.x

Jump to solution
08-15-2017 03:36 PM
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

Is there anything like the QueryTask/FindTask/IdentifyTask classes at 100.x?  Or in the works?  I can create a ServiceFeatureTable just fine from a map image service and query that, but there are times when the 10.2.x  classes come in real handy.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

I think what you are asking for then is spatial queries. That's a very different operation than identify.

Identify runs at the pixel level and intersects the _symbol_ being rendered, not the geometry (although there are some exceptions for services not supporting that). The old identify task was actually no different, as the ArcGIS Server Rest Endpoint works the exact same way in pixel-coordinate space.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

Not true!  The REST Map service identify operation works with a general geometry.  And it's a much more efficient operation than querying individual sublayers.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcgis-rest-api/index.html#/Identify_Map_Service/02r300000113000...

also:

https://developers.arcgis.com/net/10-2/desktop/api-reference//html/T_Esri_ArcGISRuntime_Tasks_Query_...

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes and no. There's a reason extent and screen size are required parameters. But fair enough... you can use more advanced geometry than a single-point + tolerance

brysageek
New Contributor II

Let me start off by saying great job on the new runtime, love many of the design choices of the 100.x, buuuuutttt I do see many use cases for needing to query a service directly--there are some services that we like to query without having them added to the GeoView, the ServiceFeatureTable query features has gotten me pretty far with updating apps from the old WPF but now I am attempting to do the same yet with ImageServices... not seeing anything similiar to queryfeatures from ServiceFeatureTable/ArcGISFeatureTable on the ImageServiceRaster or base Raster.  -am I missing something?  Is this up and coming ? Do I need to implement my own, noticing ImageSeviceRaster and Raster are sealed.

0 Kudos