Popup in GraphicsOverlays Mappoint

03-14-2022 12:34 AM
MiguelAngelFernándezRomero
New Contributor

Hello. First of all say that I am new to arcgis and I am developing an application wpf that receives a series of parameters from a database such as
Department, Name.... and geolocation position coordinate.

I have managed to paint points of the positions on the map, lines, polygons etc on the GraphicsOverlay layer, mark a point when selecting and a CalloutDefinition appears

Well, here my question. I need this CalloutDefinition to be something more complete to show more data and I have seen that there are popups using PopupViewer, but I don't know how to use them.

Can someone help me to show a more complete popup when clicking on a Mappoint point of the GraphicsOverlays layer?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

It sounds like you're making great progress.

Have you already tried to follow the sample https://developers.arcgis.com/net/wpf/sample-code/show-popup/ ? 

0 Kudos
MiguelAngelFernándezRomero
New Contributor

Hello. Thank you for your answer, but I have the following doubts.

I create MapPoint objects in the GraphicsOverlay layer. To each of these objects I assign some attributes. For example Name.
In the GraphicsOverlay layer I create a PopupDefinition in which I create a PopupField called Name as well and assign it to the PopupDefinition.

Well here's my question that I'm not understanding well.

In the MyMapView_GeoViewTapped event I detect the MapPoint and select it. At this point I would like to display the generated Popup in the window.
Right now I am doing it with CalloutDefinition to which I assign the Name attribute of the MapPoint, but I need something more complete.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos