Overview sample freezes application when run from Remote Desktop. (10.2.6)

07-22-2015 08:26 AM
KennethLathan
New Contributor II

Hi all,

Came across a peculiar behavior with the Overview example. Overview Map | ArcGIS for Developers

When I'm remote desktopped into my dev workstation and I run the sample it freezes during the ExtentChanged event. It seems to be dying somewhere in the overviewMap.SetViewAsync. One of my CPUs goes to max, and the application must be killed. The problem isn't consistent, sometimes the app freezes on the first extent change, sometimes it takes a few seconds of roaming around.  When I run the sample from a physical workstation, the sample works with no issues. I am wondering if there is some sort of latency issue with multiple MapViews firing their SetViewAsync at the same time? I also tried copying my app into a VM and it happened there as well. I could see this being a problem for my own app eventually, I want an overview and I can't control where and when people will run my application.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to get around this or if a fix is in the works?

Thanks!

-Ken

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
JasminMarinelli
New Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem since the last update (10.2.6), the application freeze without any exception...

Is there someone that can help us?

Thanks

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

I am able to reproduce this issue. So I went ahead and logged this defect with the Runtime .NET team. Please call support in case you are interested in attaching this defect to your account. Thanks.

0 Kudos
JasminMarinelli
New Contributor

Thank you,

Esri confirm this issue: BUG-000090928

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

We have been able to reproduce the same behavior outside our SDK using solely WPF or WinRT controls. We're currently working with Microsoft on getting the problem identified and get them to provide a fix.

0 Kudos
RexHansen
Esri Contributor

Hi Ken, Jasmin,

If possible, we need some additional details on your setup:

1) What OS are you remoting from?
2) What OS are you remoting to?
3) Are they both physical machines?  If not, what type of virtualization environment are you using?

Thanks
-Rex

0 Kudos
JasminMarinelli
New Contributor

Esri Case #01686462

Client:

Windows 7 Professionnel 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150715-0600)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: HP ProDesk 600 G1 TWR

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Server:

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.150715-0600)

System Manufacturer: HP

System Model: ProLiant BL460c Gen8

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2667 v2 @ 3.30GHz (32 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

Memory: 32768MB RAM

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

We made a fix for this in in the 10.2.7 release (Feb 2016). Please re-test in your scenario to confirm that it was fully addressed.

Cheers

Mike

KennethLathan
New Contributor II

Thanks Mike! I will try to recreate it.

-Ken

0 Kudos