Offline routing in ArcGIS Runtime for .Net

Jump to solution
06-18-2015 10:30 PM
SandeepKumar
New Contributor II

I have an urgent requirement of creating offline routing application for one of my client. Application should run on the standalone system. Is possible to make pure offline geocoding & routing application in ArcGIS Runtime for .Net.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AsserSwelam1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sandeep,

Yes it is possible, you need to create network dataset on Arcmap then create Runtime content to use it in runtime .Net app. You will find offline routing sample here arcgis-runtime-samples-dotnet/src/Desktop/ArcGISRuntimeSDKDotNet_DesktopSamples at master · Esri/arc...

Thanks,

Asser

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AsserSwelam1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sandeep,

Yes it is possible, you need to create network dataset on Arcmap then create Runtime content to use it in runtime .Net app. You will find offline routing sample here arcgis-runtime-samples-dotnet/src/Desktop/ArcGISRuntimeSDKDotNet_DesktopSamples at master · Esri/arc...

Thanks,

Asser

SandeepKumar
New Contributor II

Hi Asser,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I wanted to use all the files from the local drive like-

1. Tile package

2. Network data set

3. Geocode package

After using the above file from the local drive how to use these files in a single application and create route. I don't have sync capability enabled on my arcgis server. How to create these packages in the required format.

Thanks and Regards,

Sandeep

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

This help topic provides more information on creating Tile Packages, Geodatabases, Networks and Locators for use in the ArcGIS Runtime: Creating ArcGIS Runtime content—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Cheers

Mike

SandeepKumar
New Contributor II

Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for your kind support. I have go through the link. I have followed the steps given in the link. I am not able to activate File > Share As > ArcGIS Runtime Content. I have already performed these steps. It didn't showing.

• In the ArcMap main menu, click Customize > ArcMap Options.
  • In the ArcMap Options dialog box, click Sharing.
  • Check the Enable ArcGIS Runtime Tools check box and click OK.

Is it applicable on the ArcGIS 10.2 or not ?

Thanks,

Sandeep

0 Kudos
JosephGenther
Esri Contributor