Object-null-ref Exception in Xamarin.Forms Runtime

10-30-2020 08:04 AM
JeremyBridges
Occasional Contributor

We've seen some crashes coming from the MapView class in the iOS build of our Xamarin.Forms app. They occur when adding a new ArcGISMapImageLayer to the MapView. I'm posting them here for the information of the Runtime teams to discover a potential issue to fix for future versions. We are using Runtime 100.9. Reach out if you need a more complete crash dump.

• GeoView.CollapseAttribution ()
  • GeoView.TouchesBegan (Foundation.NSSet touches, UIKit.UIEvent evt)
  • (wrapper managed-to-native) UIKit.UIApplication.UIApplicationMain(int,string[],intptr,intptr)
  • UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.IntPtr principal, System.IntPtr delegate) /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/13.20.2.2/src/Xamarin.iOS/UIKit/UIApplication.cs:86
  • UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.String principalClassName, System.String delegateClassName) /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/13.20.2.2/src/Xamarin.iOS/UIKit/UIApplication.cs:65
3 Replies
CalebPourchot
New Contributor III

Same issue here. Any word?

CalebPourchot
New Contributor III

Still seeing this... months later with 100.12 runtime. iOS 14.7.1. Anyone?

TomášZachoval
New Contributor III

I have same issue over and over again on iOS. 

• GeoView.CollapseAttribution ()
  • GeoView.TouchesBegan (Foundation.NSSet touches, UIKit.UIEvent evt)
  • (wrapper managed-to-native) UIKit.UIApplication.xamarin_UIApplicationMain(int,intptr,intptr,intptr,intptr&)
  • UIApplication.UIApplicationMain (System.Int32 argc, System.String[] argv, System.IntPtr principalClassName, System.IntPtr delegateClassName)
  • UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.Type principalClass, System.Type delegateClass)
  • Application.Main (System.String[] args)

Currently I use Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Xamarin.Forms 100.15.2 on 16.4.1 and lower. 

the exception is 

GeoView.CollapseAttribution () SIGABRT: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I have no idea how to solve it. 
0 Kudos