No "Add ArcGIS Runtime Deployment Manifest" option

10-09-2014 09:44 AM
HuyHo
by
Occasional Contributor

After installing the latest .NET SDK, I do not see the option to "Add ArcGIS Runtime Deployment Manifest" option in my VS2012 solution explorer.  Anyone else having this issue?

18 Replies
SimonFisher
Occasional Contributor II

So is it suggested we use the install, not nuget?

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

If you require local server or full visual studio integration, then yes.

0 Kudos
StewartMcGuire
New Contributor

I have this same problem but I have Visual Studio 2015 installed.  I installed the latest release of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET using the setup program I downloaded from ESRI.

What is the trick for VS 2015?

--Stewart McGuire

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

10.2.6 release doesn't support VS2015 since it was released before 2015 got live. We are now working to get 10.2.7 out which will support VS2015. If you need to prepare deployment before that, you can create it by hand but I suggest waiting 10.2.7 if possible.

0 Kudos
StewartMcGuire
New Contributor

That would explain it.  I can't wait for 10.2.7 unless you are releasing it today!  🙂 

I am building a strictly 32-bit .net application, so I don't think I need to include the local 64-bit client or server.  How can I find out what files to include in my InstallShield LE installation?

My application is a Windows Desktop Application with the ESRI stuff in a WPF assembly.  I am displaying a locally cached base map plus shape files.  I am then generating content on the fly on top of the maps to display points, circles, arcs, etc. and do spatial math. 

--Stewart McGuire

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

Have you thought of using Nuget package instead of SDK install? When you build solution with nuget install, it will copy the minimal deployment to the output folder. This should work well if you don't use any extensions.

Have a look https://developers.arcgis.com/net/desktop/guide/deployment.htm  and all way on the bottom is some information what you need to do if you want to copy the files manually. Sounds like you don't need the local server folders.

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

Actually, create new wpf solution, add ArcGIS Runtime from nuget package, build. Move to bin folder and open arcgisruntime10.2.6 folder. Delete client64 folder. Copy arcgisruntime10.2.6 folder to your own application bin/output folder and test.

That should work.

StewartMcGuire
New Contributor

Thanks.  I'll try that.

--Stewart McGuire

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

10.2.7 was just released last week: ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .Net | ArcGIS for Developers

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos