No "Add ArcGIS Runtime Deployment Manifest" option

10-09-2014 09:44 AM
HuyHo
by
Occasional Contributor

After installing the latest .NET SDK, I do not see the option to "Add ArcGIS Runtime Deployment Manifest" option in my VS2012 solution explorer.  Anyone else having this issue?

18 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

What edition and version of VS2012 are you using? Note that the add-in is not available in the express editions.

0 Kudos
HuyHo
by
Occasional Contributor

I am using Visual Studio Professional 2012.

Untitled 2.tiff

0 Kudos
PreetiMaske
Esri Contributor

Visual Studio version looks right. Make sure you right-click on the project name in the Solution Explorer and not on Solution Name. For details refer to Create an ArcGIS Runtime deployment—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers

topic. Let us know if you still can't find it.

0 Kudos
HuyHo
by
Occasional Contributor

I have tested that.  I created a new project from the template, but no luck still.

Untitled 5.tiff

On my machine, I also have previous version of the SDK installed (10.2.3), and the WPF SDK installed -- any chance that can cause a problem?  My Extension and Updates window does not show the ArcGIS extension, is that normal?

Untitled 6.tiff

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

...Just to make sure: Did you install the setup, or did you use the Nuget package? (It's unfortunately not available with nuget)

0 Kudos
HuyHo
by
Occasional Contributor

I ran the setup.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

The deployment tool does work in VS2012 but unfortunately only when VS2013 is also installed. We hope to be able to address this limitation in the next release.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
HuyHo
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Mike.  Any way to get around this in the mean time?  How do we build our deployment package (other than copying the entire arcgisruntime10.2.4 directory)?

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Do you have anything preventing you from installing VS2013 as well? (Even VS 2013 Express is sufficient).

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos