Newby Needs Help in Creating an Offline c# Project

12-17-2017 03:25 PM
JohnManson1
New Contributor

Hi gang, I am an Access VBA developer, I would like to move my db over to .NET, and add GIS functionality.  I am new to c#, and xaml, but I'm willing to learn (my experiance has so far been with VB).  I have installed the esri runtime in visual studio, and have developed a sample ap (wpf) that displays an online map etc.  I have also setup a local arcGIS server on my local machine, and have created a .geodatabase with some local data for testing (two layers in there).  I have been trolling around the various esri pages and git looking for a sample c# (or VB) project that loads and displays data from a local server for offline use, but I can't find one - they are all online stuff.  I can find some code snippets etc, but I'm not very comfortable with c# syntax, so a comlete running ap sample would be better to start with if possible.  Can anyone help me?  Much appreciated.  -John

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NathanCastle1
Esri Contributor

Hi John,

We've just shared a Local Server sample yesterday. You can find it in the WPF sample viewer or you can view the sample on GitHub

That sample reads a shapefile, but the changes needed to use a geodatabase should be minimal. I'll take a look at making a sample to demonstrate Local Server use with geodatabases specifically. 

0 Kudos
JohnManson2
New Contributor II

Thanks Nathan, I'll look at this tomorrow.

John

0 Kudos
ShaharBukra
New Contributor III

Hi John,

in addition to what Nathan sends you i would more then recommend you to check this out

Inside the ArcGIS for Developers you have 2 Tabs that can help you.

1. Browse ArcGIS DevLabs | ArcGIS for Developers 
  2. Get Started with Example Apps | ArcGIS for Developers 

Cheers,

Shahar.

0 Kudos
JohnManson2
New Contributor II

Thanks Shahar, I'll look at this as well.  Didn't notice the labs in there.....

0 Kudos