.Net Xamarin - Blank Map After Upgrade to v100.1

Jump to solution
07-27-2017 05:53 AM
andybeaulieu
New Contributor II

We have an app that was initially created using v100.0 of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET (Xamarin).

We updated the app (using Nuget) to v100.1.

Now the app shows up blank (gray) with just the "Powered by Esri" label. This behavior happens for both CreateStreets() and CreateStreetsVector().

The DrawStatusChanged Event is fired twice - once with a Status of "InProgress" and then with a Status of "Completed"

Any troubleshooting or tips for us to try?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichZwaap
Occasional Contributor III

If you haven't yet, try completely uninstalling the application, manually deleting the app's intermediate and output directories (bin and obj by default), rebuilding, and re-deploying.  Also, inspect the project file itself to ensure there are no lingering references to 100.0.  There is a known limitation (see the Known Limitations section in this doc) that requires some manual editing of the project file when upgrading from 100.0 to 100.1, but that generally causes a build failure.  Still, it's worth checking that no old references are unexpectedly hanging around.

I would also suggest, while troubleshooting, have your app only create the basemap using Basemap.CreateStreets() instead of Basemap.CreateStreetsVector().  There is another known limitation that vector tiled layers do not render on the Visual Studio Android emulator.  Although you're not using the emulator, sticking with the image tile basemap will rule out the possibility that you're running into a similar limitation on the particular devices you're testing with.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RichZwaap

What OS and device/emulator are you seeing this on?

0 Kudos
andybeaulieu
New Contributor II

So far we have seen this on the following devices (have not tried emulators)

• Android 7.0 on Moto G5 Plus
  • Android 6.0 on Samsung SM-J320A
0 Kudos
RichZwaap

If you haven't yet, try completely uninstalling the application, manually deleting the app's intermediate and output directories (bin and obj by default), rebuilding, and re-deploying.  Also, inspect the project file itself to ensure there are no lingering references to 100.0.  There is a known limitation (see the Known Limitations section in this doc) that requires some manual editing of the project file when upgrading from 100.0 to 100.1, but that generally causes a build failure.  Still, it's worth checking that no old references are unexpectedly hanging around.

I would also suggest, while troubleshooting, have your app only create the basemap using Basemap.CreateStreets() instead of Basemap.CreateStreetsVector().  There is another known limitation that vector tiled layers do not render on the Visual Studio Android emulator.  Although you're not using the emulator, sticking with the image tile basemap will rule out the possibility that you're running into a similar limitation on the particular devices you're testing with.

AlejandroSegura
New Contributor II

I had the same exact issue.  I deleted the app from my test phone, deleted out bin and obj, found that packages.config still showed 100.0.0 as the version so I manually changed it to 100.1.0, rebuilt the app and then it worked.

Thanks for the help Rich.

0 Kudos