.Net SDK Thiessen Polygons

09-30-2015 06:58 AM
RichardWaeteraere
New Contributor

I want to create Thiessen Polygons based on a given set of data. However I cant find a related function in the developer resources. Also searching for this only leads me to topics related to ArcGIS for Desktop and not the .NET SDK.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

It seems the recommended approach is to call the existing geo-processing tool Create Thiessen Polygons

0 Kudos
RichardWaeteraere
New Contributor

Are you refering to the ArcGIS for Desktop application ? Because What I am looking for is a method in the .NET SDK for Windows Presentation Foundation. I cant find a "Create Thiessen Polygons" method in the API(ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET - Windows Desktop API Reference | ArcGIS for Developers )

0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

You are correct I was suggesting .Net in the desktop environment. I have not used Runtime SDK .Net but this page seems to suggest you can call geo-processing tools? I have never tried to create a local geoprocessing package (.gpk) so could not tell you what the pitfalls are, if any?

0 Kudos
RichardWaeteraere
New Contributor

Hey thanks for the response again unfortunately your link is broken for me. Leads to a 404.

0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Link corrected, apologies.

0 Kudos
RichardWaeteraere
New Contributor

Hi thanks for the link. But I dont understand how that would work. Maybe I should explain a bit what I am planning to do. I have a certain set of coordinates. Lets say 5 locations defined by GPS coordinates. I want to create thiessen polygons using these 5 points so that the area contained by the locations forms the thiessen polygons. If i read your link correctly I have to either use their web service for this or download a geoprocessing packe and use that locally. The application I am trying to implement should ideally work without an internet connection aswell. Now is the question though what kind of geoprocessing package do I need and where do I get it.

0 Kudos