.Net SDK show all points that are active in time extent

Jump to solution
12-05-2014 07:25 AM
vincentvassallo
New Contributor III

Hi,

I previously asked Do graphics layers support the time extent property on the mapview. If so, how do i define the indiv...

The response works for me to an extent however I still cannot get quite the same results I was getting with the WPF SDK.

I have the time extent on my MapView bound to a TimeExtent that changes on a timer.

The extent is a range of 5 minutes and most of the points on the map have a start/end time 30 minutes apart.

My issue is that the points only appearing when the extent is around the start time. The points disappear before the extent reaches the end time.

My guess is that I'm assuming the wrong thing about the way the Start/End time on the graphic and the TimeExtent on the MapView interact.

What I need is for it to display any graphic that has a start time before the extent start and a end time after the start of the extent.

Is there some way to adjust this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DominiqueBroux
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Vincent,

Unfortunately that's an identified bug that should be fixed in the next version.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

/Dominique

View solution in original post

8 Replies
vincentvassallo
New Contributor III

I did a bit more digging.

I used this code to check what I thought should be currently displayed

For Each g As Graphic In source

If te1.Intersects(New TimeExtent(g.Attributes("Start"), g.Attributes("End"))) Then

count += 1

End If

Next

Where te1 is timeextent set on the MapView.

This code returns a considerably higher count than what is being displayed on the map.

The following code has a count of exactly what is being displayed.

For Each g As Graphic In source

If te1.Intersects(g.Attributes("Start")) Then

count += 1

End If

Next

How does the layer determine what is within the time extent and is there a way to change it?

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor
0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Oh wait... sorry I just noticed you linked to it as well.

Time extent is defined via the attributes on the graphic. Set the attribute fields you define as start/end time.

ie

graphic.Attributes["Start"] = new DateTime(2014,12,5);

graphic.Attributes["End"] = new DateTime(2014,12,6);

Note intersection is done including partial intersection, and not just fully within.

0 Kudos
vincentvassallo
New Contributor III

I do have the attributes set on the graphic

for example

graphic.Attributes["Start"] = new DateTime(2014,12,5,6,0,0) // Dec 5th 6AM

graphic.Attributes["End"] = new DateTime(2014,12,5,6,30,0) // Dec 5th 6:30AM

The time Extent is set as binding.

But the object it is bound to is

CurrentTimeExtent = new TimeExtent(new DateTime(2014,12,5,5,58,0), new DateTime(2014,12,5,6,3,0)) // From 5:58 to 6:03

When it is defined like this it shows the point on the map correctly because the Start is within the time extent.

I have a timer the increases the start and endtime of the time extent by 5 minutes.

After the first tick when the time extent is now from 6:03 to 6:08 the point is not longer displayed.

0 Kudos
vincentvassallo
New Contributor III

Morten Nielsen wrote:

[...]

Note intersection is done including partial intersection, and not just fully within.

That is exactly what I want it to do but it doesn't seem to be happening that way for me.

0 Kudos
DominiqueBroux
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Vincent,

Unfortunately that's an identified bug that should be fixed in the next version.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

/Dominique

vincentvassallo
New Contributor III

That sucks. Is there any release timeline information anywhere?

0 Kudos
vincentvassallo
New Contributor III

I'd just like to say that I can confirm that this is fixed as of 10.2.5.

Thank you everyone for your help.

0 Kudos