.Net Runtime tutorial crashes with vector tile base maps.

12-07-2016 09:42 PM
DennisGeasan
Occasional Contributor II

I'm working thru the first two .Net Runtime tutorials "Develop your first map app" and "Author, edit, and save maps to your portal".  In both, if I zoom into a vector base map the app crashes.  I get a dialog titled "vshost32.exe" (see image below).  Anyone got an idea of what's wrong?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DennisGeasan
Occasional Contributor II

Seems to be working now.  I think it might be because I initially had both ArcGISRuntime and ArcGISRuntime.WPF NuGet packages installed.  However, at least for awhile, the vector tile base maps kept crashing the app after ArcGISRuntime had been removed. After completely closing VS2015 and then reopening to the project did it start working for the vector tile base maps.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

The esri vector tile layer services (http://www.arcgis.com/home/search.html?q=owner%3Aesri_vector) are currently in beta (see individual ArcGIS Online items from that search result for status). The API enumeration to create vector basemaps references currently those beta items. If you still see issues please re-test when the production services are published in the near future (at that time it may be possible that you need to specifically use the new item ID or URL rather than the current enum).

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos