.Net Maui Map not loading for the second time

07-11-2022 10:05 PM
Bikash123
New Contributor

I am using Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Maui and configured map in one of the pages of my maui application. After launching the app it displayed correctly, but if I got to different screen and come back to previous previous map screen, map not loaded/displayed, only white screen is shown. I didn't get any error and tried to forcefully call load events but no luck.

Tags (2)
7 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Is this on Android? If so, this is a known issue, and will be fixed in the next release.

0 Kudos
Bikash123
New Contributor

We checked in Android and Windows both, both has same issue.

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

That's interesting and new to me then. Any chance you could provide a simple sample application that reproduces this issue?

0 Kudos
RodBall
New Contributor

@dotMorten_esri  When can we expect the next release to be available? This is a big issue for us as we are trying to build a new application that relies on this control heavily.

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Target is mid-August with all the usual caveats of timelines (and note this will still be considered preview). I'd suggest using Windows and iOS for now if this is a major issue. I'm still waiting for @Bikash123 to provide more detail on the issue he's hitting, since that doesn't sound just like the known Android issue.

Also on a side note the latest Visual Studio 17.3 preview 4 that just shipped has a regression that breaks the Android build completely (this isn't an issue in our SDK but in Microsoft's). You can target net6.0-android33.0 sdk to work around this issue until Microsoft resolves it (see https://github.com/xamarin/xamarin-android/issues/7183)

0 Kudos
RodBall
New Contributor

I spoke with @Bikash123 and there is no windows issue so I think we are dealing with the bug you've already slated to fix in next preview release.

0 Kudos
SokoFromNZ
Occasional Contributor

@dotMorten_esri @dotMorten : Is this bug fixed? I'm havin' the same issue on Android. See here for the post and a simple example app/solution to reproduce the bug.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos