Memory leak when adding feature layers to my map

Jump to solution
08-31-2015 08:47 AM
MattMiley
Occasional Contributor

Whenever navigating between pages from a page that contains a map with 3 feature layers the application freezes without any exceptions.

I've set NavigationCacheMode = NavigationCacheMode.Disabled; at all my xaml pages but its still crashing all the time. Is there anything i can do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Matt,

I had time to check this today. So the freeze comes when navigating away from the map page? I don't see the freeze with current build so it should be fixed in 10.2.7 release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MattMiley
Occasional Contributor

I think i found my mistake. I was building my maps at each page from scratch in all of my view models, this was causing the memory issues.

I moved the map the the App.xaml resources and just did it all in xaml and binded to it and performance improved greatly.

0 Kudos
MattMiley
Occasional Contributor

Nevermind it still crashes nonstop when there's more than 3 feature layer.. Sucks

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

Can you create a simple reproducer for this issue?

0 Kudos
MattMiley
Occasional Contributor

Some of my feature layers have labels that are defined from the service, maybe its the labeling issue from this post.. Application freezes without exception

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Matt,

We are investigating - thanks for the reproducer app.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
MattMiley
Occasional Contributor

Any updates on this? I got people bugging me about it..

0 Kudos
MattMiley
Occasional Contributor

Still no updates with this. So this pretty much means AGOL hosted feature layers are useless.

Thanks guys!

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

Hi Matt,

I had time to check this today. So the freeze comes when navigating away from the map page? I don't see the freeze with current build so it should be fixed in 10.2.7 release.

0 Kudos