MapView DrawStatus never "Completed"

11-12-2020 11:57 AM
MattRickard
New Contributor II

We are rendering a mapview offscreen for printing purposes, as suggested by Rex Hansen.

We are waiting for the DrawStatus to be "Completed" before we continue with the process.

Our map has layers from an mmpk, and in the scenario I'm debugging, the DrawStatus never completes.

I don't have any other service layers, or even a basemap, so it should complete rather quickly.

Is there any other status I can check?

Is there anything else that would keep it from completing?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

The event mostly refers to data pending to be downloaded, so since you're using local data this event isn't fired.

0 Kudos
MattRickard
New Contributor II

We have other similar mmpks with FeatureLayers that work just fine.  The DrawStatusChanged event fires when expected.

I don't know why this mmpk would be any different.  I added a basemap to see if that would help, and it doesn't.

Is there another way to tell when the map is fully drawn and ready for printing?

Like I said, we are doing exactly what Rex told us to do.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Matt,

Are you able the share the mmpk which never reaches draw status completed? Either here as an attachment or we can organize through mbranscomb@esri.com.

Thanks

Mike 

0 Kudos
MattRickard
New Contributor II

Mike,

I am trying to reproduce the problem in a test application.  So far, no luck.

There must be something that we are doing (layer visibility, multiple maps, etc.) that is contributing to the problem.

Once I can reproduce it, I'll let you know the story.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos