Map package(mpkx) with referenced data not loading in Runtime SDK

Jump to solution
02-10-2019 04:24 PM
KrishnaPragada
New Contributor II

I created map package(mpkx) with referenced data from enterprise geodatabase. When I load the package using Local Server into an app using Runtime SDK for WPF, getting "Failed to create service lakes MapServer. Service failed to initialize: The map package is not supported by the ArcGIS Runtime. There is no .msd file available inside the package. Check that it was authored with ArcGIS Runtime support enabled." error.

Any idea?

Thanks

Krishna

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KimberlyMcCarty
Esri Contributor

Hi Krishna,

We have done some testing and determined that there is a bug in the ArcGIS Pro geoprocessing tool, Package Map. When selecting the option, "Reference all data for Runtime", the tool does not create the .msd file in the .mpkx. If the box is left unchecked, the .msd file will be created in the .mpkx but the data will be copied to it.

We have logged the following bug on this issue:

BUG-000120203: Map Package tool in ArcGIS Pro fails to package .msd file despite enabling "Support ArcGIS Runtime" and "Reference all Data for Runtime" in parameters.

I spoke with the analyst working on your case and I believe she attached your case to the bug. Let me know if you have any questions.

- Kim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
KimberlyMcCarty
Esri Contributor

When you created the map package did you check the box for the map package to Support ArcGIS Runtime?

0 Kudos
KrishnaPragada
New Contributor II

yes and I use Runtime support version as 'Current Version'.

0 Kudos
KimberlyMcCarty
Esri Contributor

Using the same workflow, will a map package referencing data in a file geodatabase load into Local Server? What about if you include the data in the map package rather than reference it?

What version of ArcGIS Pro was the map package created with?

What version of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK and Local Server are you using?

0 Kudos
KrishnaPragada
New Contributor II

Using the same workflow, will a map package referencing data in a file geodatabase load into Local Server?

Referencing data option is only for enterprise data.

What about if you include the data in the map package rather than reference it?

If I include the data in the map package, it copies data into FileGDB inside and map package and it works fine.

What version of ArcGIS Pro was the map package created with?

Tried both ArcGIS Pro 2.2 and 2.3.

What version of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK and Local Server are you using?

Tries both ArcGIS Runtime SDK 100.3, 100.4 and Local Server 100.3.

0 Kudos
KimberlyMcCarty
Esri Contributor

Hi Krishna,

We have done some testing and determined that there is a bug in the ArcGIS Pro geoprocessing tool, Package Map. When selecting the option, "Reference all data for Runtime", the tool does not create the .msd file in the .mpkx. If the box is left unchecked, the .msd file will be created in the .mpkx but the data will be copied to it.

We have logged the following bug on this issue:

BUG-000120203: Map Package tool in ArcGIS Pro fails to package .msd file despite enabling "Support ArcGIS Runtime" and "Reference all Data for Runtime" in parameters.

I spoke with the analyst working on your case and I believe she attached your case to the bug. Let me know if you have any questions.

- Kim

0 Kudos
KrishnaPragada
New Contributor II

Thanks, Kim.

TanjaGruner
New Contributor

Has this Bug been resolved and if so, in which version? I created a *.mpkx with ArcGIS Pro 2.3. "Support ArcGis Runtime" and "Reference all data for Runtime" was checked. It references data from an enterprise database (Oracle) and I get the same error when trying to load with a Local Server:

Failed to create service *** MapServer. Service failed to initialize: The map package is not supported by the ArcGIS Runtime. There is no .msd file available inside the package. Check that it was authored with ArcGIS Runtime support enabled.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I'll follow up to find out the status of this issue.

Thanks

Mike

PhilipBranning
New Contributor

Hi, was this issue resolved? I'm having the same problem with ArcGIS Pro 2.8 and SDK 100.11 and Local Server 100.10

0 Kudos