Local Server says my mpkx is missing an msd when I start LocalMapService

10-16-2018 02:34 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using ArcGIS Pro 2.2.3, I added some layers to the map from Enterprise (the product formerly known as ArcSDE)

I then ran the Package tool with the Reference all data for Runtime checked, and Support for Runtime checked.

I then create a new LocalMapServiceLayer, passing the path to the mpkx file, and StartAsync() on it.

I then get an error saying:

Failed to create service avecc_elec_components2 MapServer. Service failed to initialize: The map package is not supported by the ArcGIS Runtime. There is no .msd file available inside the package. Check that it was authored with ArcGIS Runtime support enabled.

I unzip with 7zip and confirm that there is no .msd file present.

Does anyone know of a way to load a package into Local Server that just references the ArcSDE featureclasses?

Thanks, Kirk

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Kirk,

Did you ever get resolution on this?  I am encountering the same problem.  I found another link related to this topic that was from last February indicating there was a bug.  I was curious if you had made any progress.  Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Did you package the map with support for Runtime? 

Regards

Mike

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for responding. Yes I did select the package map with support for Rutime.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tom -

As I recall the root cause of my issue stems from

BUG-000120203: Map Package tool in ArcGIS Pro fails to package .msd file despite enabling "Support ArcGIS Runtime" and "Reference all Data for Runtime" in parameters.

https://community.esri.com/thread/228673-map-packagempkx-with-referenced-data-not-loading-in-runtime... 

When I log into myesri I see the bug is still open, so I guess there's still no fix.

Regards,

Kirk

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I saw that as well, but was hoping you may have worked some miracles. Thanks for responding.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't see a way to upvote bugs (Michael Branscomb‌ do you know?)  

If there is please upvote this bug so maybe it will get fixed quicker.

Thanks, Kirk

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Kirk,

Support can add users/organizations as additional "sites" to a BUG which tells us how many customers are affected (Tom Cox you could contact Support and ask to be added to bug BUG-000120203).

I've contacted the development owner for that area to find out more - I'll update here when I have more info.

Regards

Mike