License for developer subscription

08-21-2017 08:15 AM
ManelKEDDAR
New Contributor III

Hello i have seen mentionned on this link    https://developers.arcgis.com/net/latest/wpf/guide/license-your-app.htm (  No license is required to develop ArcGIS Runtime apps; there's no need to authorize your development machine. As a member of the ArcGIS Developer Program, you have a free ArcGIS Developer Subscription (Essentials Plan). With this plan you can download and install any ArcGIS Runtime SDK and immediately have access to all the functionality of the APIs for development purposes.) 

My questions are :

Does that means that developers will have access to all functionalities of the API or just a lite license ?

With Lite license is it possible to visualize SceneLayerPackage ? 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
6 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

When you don't license your app, you are running in Developer Mode. In Developer Mode you'll see a watermark on the MapView and SceneView. All functionality will be available to you.

On the developers website, you can obtain a free "Lite" license. Once you call ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment.SetLicense(licenseString) your app snaps out of developer mode, watermark goes away, and all the functionality that isn't supported in lite mode will throw a license exceptions.

I'd recommend developing your app licensed at the right license level from the beginning, so you don't get caught by license restrictions later on.

ManelKEDDAR
New Contributor III

hello ,

Saying ( In Developer Mode you'll see a watermark on the MapView and SceneView. All functionality will be available to you.) is that mean that i will have all the functionality of (lite , basic and advanced) levels ?

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes but you are not allowed to go into production in that mode.

0 Kudos
ManelKEDDAR
New Contributor III

Okay i just want to make some tests that's all for example i want to edit geodatabase and edit a 3DFeatures of SceneLayers using (.slpk) files will it be possible with the developer mode ? i don't care if i will have a MapView and SceneView

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Again there are no restrictions on any functionality in developer mode. Everything the API can do in fully advanced license mode is available to you in dev-mode.

Having said that, SceneLayer editing is not something the ArcGIS Runtime supports (regardless of licensing).

0 Kudos
ManelKEDDAR
New Contributor III

Why i can not even to load my arcgisSceneLayers from my (.slpk) file please look at my topic https://community.esri.com/thread/200375-fail-to-display-arcgisscenellayer-with-slpk  i'll be very thankful if i will have a definitive helpful answer 

Thanks 

0 Kudos