LayerViewStateChanged Event

Jump to solution
03-24-2017 02:36 PM
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

While ILayerContent and LayerViewStatus are meant to simplify table of contents code, I see a problem in that the LayerViewStateChanged event only fires for layers, not sublayers (e.g. of an ArcGISMapImageLayer).  What happens when the visibility of a sublayer changes, but not of the parent layer?  Unless I'm missing something, the way I see it, I still need to navigate through and check visibilities of sublayers whenever MapView drawing or navigation completes, in order to update their TOC entries.

[BTW, I'm glad to see the DrawStatusChanged event -- that's been on my wish list since Runtime .NET first came out.]

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

The LayerViewState applies to the concrete 'Layer' class type, which sublayers are not. 

The sublayers should raise INotifyPropertyChanged for properties so for instance the IsVisble property bindings would auto-update.

Also there's already a table-of-contents control in the v100.0.0-beta1 toolkit that has all this implemented

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

The LayerViewState applies to the concrete 'Layer' class type, which sublayers are not. 

The sublayers should raise INotifyPropertyChanged for properties so for instance the IsVisble property bindings would auto-update.

Also there's already a table-of-contents control in the v100.0.0-beta1 toolkit that has all this implemented

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks, I'll check it out.

0 Kudos