Layering and Spatial Reference Issues Getting Started

02-18-2015 08:01 AM
JeremyMartin
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm getting started with the GIS .Net SDK and I'm having some very basic issues getting started.

I am wanting to use features from my existing file geodatabase. I have published them from ArcMap without any problems as a .geodatabase file and this loads fine in my .net app.

The two main issues I have is that my features do not show up completely on the map if I define a basemap. Sometimes the label for one particular feature pops up, but I can also tell that they are not in the right spot. It's like it is not respecting the spatial reference of my feature tables.

I have tried to base this off tutorial code, but I'm not having any luck. 

I define my basemap in XAML, like the Hello World tutorial application. If I comment this out, my features end up drawing fine on a blank grid. I would think that the features should draw fine, because that should be the first layer drawn. On top of that, when the labels for a feature do appear to draw (though nothing else will) I can tell that the spatial reference for the features isn't being used correctly, as they are on the wrong part of the map.

I imagine both of these issues are what are causing my headaches.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeremyMartin
New Contributor

I stumbled across one post on this forum that said that local geodatabase tables won't convert on-the-fly when it comes to the spatial reference, so unless I can somehow change the basemap spatial reference (or the local tables I'm importing in code) I might be barking up the wrong tree with this entire thing, which is disappointing.

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Sorry but geodatabases doesn't support projection on the fly at this point. Either generate your GDB in the 'correct' spatial reference, or pick a basemap that matches it.

0 Kudos