Issues loading Raster GeoPackages

10-26-2018 10:38 AM
IanCrutcher1
New Contributor

I was looking at the new Geopackage support in runtime and noticed some issues and inconsistency with raster geopackages.

• I have a blue marble geopackage I made using GDAL. It does not render at all extents. However, the geopackage that is include with the .NET WPF samples (arcgis-runtime-samples-dotnet/src/WPF/ArcGISRuntime.WPF.Viewer/Samples/Data/ReadGeoPackage at master... ) rendered at all extents. What is causing the difference in behavior?
  • I have another geopackage that is from a high resolution tif tiled at zoom level 21. Adding overviews to it with gdaladdo enabled it to render at lower zoom levels, but it still needs to be zoomed in on unlike the geopackage included with the sample. Additionally, once you zoom in far enough to start seeing individual tiles load, the load times for each tile are very long. The source tif loads much faster.
  • Having underscores in the raster table name made the layer not load

I have an example project I can send, but it is too large to attach here. Is there another way I can send that?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

As you suggest we'll need to take a look at the data to determine what's happening. Please email me at mbranscomb@esri.com and I'll set up an online file transfer for you to upload.

Cheers

Mike 

0 Kudos