Is there a "SnapToLevels" property in ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET?

04-15-2015 03:53 AM
MookrsZhang
New Contributor

Hi everyone.

In ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF, I can set "SnapToLevels" as "True", so when I zoom the map, it will snap to scale levels if the map contains cached layers.

However, I can't find anything like "SnapToLevels" in ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET. Is there a property like that?

If so, will it work on touch device such as Surface Pro 3?  ("SnapToLevels" in ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF doesn't work when pinching with fingers.)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AaronHigh
New Contributor III

Was anyone ever able to find an answer to this question?

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Unfortunately this isn't currently available in the .NET API but it's on the roadmap for the next major release.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
MichaelFaulcon1
New Contributor

Hello all

I am about to implement this functionality and have a question or two.

Do either of the ExtentChange-type events (ExtentChanged or NavigationCompleted) fire Before the map renders at this updated extent?  If so, should I be getting the proposed extent from the MapView.Extent value itself (as opposed to some attribute of the event object as I do with the WPF Runtime)?

I would like to intercept and scale to one of my Lods, rendering only once.

If not, then the best alternative I see is to intercept before making any of the calls that may change the map's scale (zoom level) and force it to initially go where I think it should.  I figure that might also require me to override the zoom wheel implementation.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Mike

0 Kudos