Is it possible to run geoprocessing tasks using python scripts

08-16-2017 08:50 AM
ManelKEDDAR
New Contributor III

Hello ,

i need to know if it's possible to run a script python for making processing tasks using the runtime v 100.1 ?  it's new for me and i don't know how to do it ? i cheked   https://developers.arcgis.com/net/latest/wpf/guide/geoprocessing.htm here and i found that it's possible to use Script tools that run a geoprocessing Python script file , i need examples how it works ? is it possible to use arcPy ? 

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to run Python scripts with ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET. It requires the use of the ArcGIS Runtime Local Server component.

For information on using the ArcGIS Runtime Local Server component see: Local Server—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET (WPF) | ArcGIS for Developers 

To create a LocalGeoprocessingService instance, you need to package your Python script as a Geoprocessing Package (.gpk) including support for ArcGIS Runtime. More information here: A quick tour of geoprocessing packages—ArcMap | ArcGIS Desktop 

Use of ArcGIS Runtime Local Server requires licensing at the Standard level: License your app—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET (WPF) | ArcGIS for Developers 

Cheers

Mike

ManelKEDDAR
New Contributor III

Hello thanks for your answer i need more details about how to licence my app ?? still not clear on the doc ? thanks

0 Kudos
ManelKEDDAR
New Contributor III

Actually it's new for me , i didn't do that before , and I've seen the notion of credits that i don't understand its concept 

thanks 

0 Kudos