Is it possible to open a local Scene Layer Package (slpk) with the runtime?

10-12-2018 01:09 PM
MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to develop some code that I can use to open a local SLPK with the Runtime and I have not found much sample code. I've used the MobileMapPackage class to open an MMPK, but I have not found a comparable class for SceneLayerPackage, or something similar.

Any ideas? Is this possible at this point?

Thanks,

Mike...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
GregDeStigter
Esri Contributor

You should be able to open an *.slpk file directly with ArcGISSceneLayer like the following:

var sceneLayer = new ArcGISSceneLayer(new Uri(@"C:\temp\Test.slpk"));
await sceneLayer.LoadAsync();
var scene = new Scene(Basemap.CreateImagery())
{
    InitialViewpoint = new Viewpoint(sceneLayer.FullExtent)
};
scene.OperationalLayers.Add(sceneLayer);
MySceneView.Scene = scene;

If the layer fails to load you can check ArcGISSceneLayer.LoadError for the reason.

MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Greg,

Thanks for the information. I finally got back around to trying this out today. When I call LoadAsync on the ArcGISSceneLayer, the LoadStatus of the layer is set to FailedToLoad and the LoadError is null.

Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Mike Hamsa

Chief Technology Officer - GeoSpatial Innovations, Inc.

P: 512-982-6735

0 Kudos
GregDeStigter
Esri Contributor

Can you share what's in your scene layer package and how you created it? There are some layers that can go in a scene layer package that the runtime doesn't support as of yet. I suspect unsupported package contents is the case for you, but I would have expected a useful exception message.

0 Kudos
MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Greg,

Yeah, I have a feeling that’s what it is as well. We’ve got a point cloud layer in that SLPK, and after looking around a little, that ma not be supported yet in the Runtime.

Do you think that may be the problem?

Thanks,

Mike Hamsa

0 Kudos
GregDeStigter
Esri Contributor

Yep, that's the problem. Point cloud scene layers are not currently supported by the Runtime. They are on the docket for the next release - if all goes well. I'll check the exception message and see if we can give a less confusing experience for unsupported scene layers like this.

0 Kudos
MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much Greg – that’s exactly what I needed.

Mike Hamsa

0 Kudos