Is it possible to develop a standalone software using ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .Net and Visual Studio?

Jump to solution
07-09-2018 04:45 PM
ManishShrivastav
New Contributor III

Hi all, I am very new to programming especially GIS. I want to, Is it possible to develop a standalone software using ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .Net and Visual Studio (WPF) with capability of processing and analyzing rasters? Please also guide me to useful resources available.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

No. You can use the raster functions the runtime already includes, or use the local server in WPF to run GP tools that can execute them.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

The simple answer is yes, but I'm sure the devil is in the details. It really depends on what you mean by "raster analysis". Some raster analysis is possible, but not every single kind of raster analysis.

0 Kudos
ManishShrivastav
New Contributor III

@Morten Nielsen: Is there a way to use the built in raster capabilities (present in ArcMap) in developing standalone application instead of writing a new program for every raster functionalities that are already present in ArcMap?

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

No. You can use the raster functions the runtime already includes, or use the local server in WPF to run GP tools that can execute them.

0 Kudos