I want to load a basemap and it's layers offline using local server . How can I publish data on local server and consume basemap as well as its layers from local server ?? Please help me with this

04-09-2018 11:08 PM
VijitWadhwa
New Contributor III

I dont want any network connection , neither do I want to sync data online . I just want to load a Basemap and its layers(Both offline) , By publishing data offline on local server ?? How can i do this ?? Urgent Help Required. Please?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MaraStoica4
Occasional Contributor

Hi Vijit,

Could you provide a bit more details on what you're trying to do please. Is there a specific reason you're trying to use local server, besides wanting your data offline? Have you considered using a mobile map package? It provides everything you mentioned in your question (basemaps, layers) without the added complexity of a local server deployment. Here's the document on how to create mobile map packages with ArcGIS Pro: Mobile map package—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop. You can find an implementation of offline mobile map packages in the Offline Mapbook example app: Offline Mapbook for WPF | ArcGIS for Developers. Hope this helps,

Mara

0 Kudos
VijitWadhwa
New Contributor III

Hi Mara,

I have been assigned a project where several entities need to fetch data from local server . So , How can i publish data on the local server, so that the client app can fetch data using the url , in a simmilar fashion as that of ArcGIS Server.

0 Kudos
MaraStoica4
Occasional Contributor

Hi Vijit,

Here's the guide doc on Local Server: Local Server—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET (WPF) | ArcGIS for Developers 

Here's a sample on how to work with services in Local Server. It shows how to create services, start and stop them: Local Server Services—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET Samples | ArcGIS for Developers  There are several other Local Server samples on the samples page. 

Also, here's a helpful presentation on Local Server Livin' la vida Local Server - YouTube 

The above resources should be able to answer all of your Local Server questions. However, if you go though all of the documentation material and still have questions, please let us know. We always want to hear about gaps in our documentation and how to make it more helpful. 

Mara

VijitWadhwa
New Contributor III

Hi Mara,

I have gone through all of them Mara, But as i read that local servers support REST API, I am unable to understand how to use rest API on local server and access the data by hitting that particular URL ??

0 Kudos
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Vijit

The name Local server is confusing. It not really an ArcGIS server it just part of it for some functionality.

You cannot publish a service to it.

If you need something like basemap you better build cache and call it directly from the code without local server.

Have fun

Mody  

VijitWadhwa
New Contributor III

Ok, Thankyou Sir

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Vijit,

Refer Download tile cache | ArcGIS for Developers  

The ideal way to go about it would be to use a tiled cached service published in ArcGIS Server. 

However, if you are not using ArcGIS Server you may use the AGOL basemaps for downloading purpose.

What Mara Stoica‌ has mentioned regarding the Mobile map package—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop might be an alternate route which you want to explore.

If you choose to do so, please refer: Create Mobile Map Package—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop 

I hope this helps!

~Shan

~Shan