How to update extremely old DLL to 100.7 sdk

02-24-2020 12:44 PM
TerryCoe
New Contributor

Recently, my team has inherited an older application and have been tasked with updating the packages that it has. i have three ESRI.ArcGIS.Client dll's that were downloaded into the Visual Studio 2008 solution when the app was created:

ESRI.ArcGIS.Client (version 3.0.0.318)

ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Toolkit (version 3.0.0.318)

ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Local (version 1.0.0.3057)

I cannot find documentation anywhere for these versions, and when I use the Nuget Package Manager to download the 100.7, and remove the previous version, i get somewhere around 775 errors, mostly for classes that don't exist in the new versions. 

Is there anyone that may have the above mentioned versions' documentation stashed anywhere so I can definitively tell what the classes and methods I have in my application are and/or how i could define them enough to map them to objects, classes, or methods in 100.7?  

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Do you still need migration advice?

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
TerryCoe
New Contributor

Yes, I do. However, the quarantine here has rreset the priorities for my workload and this has been pushed down a bit. I was working to first migrate to 10.7.2, and got almost everything working, except the mouse interactions with the map that my app needs in order to be functional. I should be able to get back to it in a few weeks, and would appreciate any help you're willing to offer.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Terry,

In this Dev Summit 2015 session we did share some general guidance to follow when migrating from one of several older Esri SDK technologies: https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=865907613bdd4f1bae1f0537f5a48d84.

You mention `10.7.2`. Did you mean 10.2.7 or 100.7?

If you started updating to 10.2.7 you may also want to review this guide topic: Migrate to 100.x from 10.2.x—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers.

Thanks

Mike

TerryCoe
New Contributor

Thank you for the resources. I have been given the green light to focus on this project again. Yes, I did mean i was trying to get to the median version of 10.2.7, before trying to go to 100.7. 

0 Kudos
TerryCoe
New Contributor

Is there a way that i could get in touch with you off-thread to covnerse about this issue?

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

Feel free to email me: MBranscomb@esri.com

Thanks

Mike 

0 Kudos
VipulGarg
New Contributor

Hello Terry and Michael

Terry CoeMichael Branscomb

I have to do same task for my company. Can you provide details on how you achieved this? 

Thanks in advance
Vipul Garg
vgarg1@wm.com
+91-9811703483

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Hi Vipul,

We have an active email thread already - I'll reply with more information by email.

The approach you take will vary greatly depending on the functionality you used and how you built your application originally.

I recommend reviewing these resources:

You should also consider if you want to continue targeting .NET Framework or investigate updating to target .NET Core (3.1) with WPF.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos