How to start building from scratch ?? please anyone help with some tutorial or any other resource ?? Only documentation does not help

03-08-2018 08:26 PM
VijitWadhwa
New Contributor III

please help me as soon as possible

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

Hey!

Good place to get start is Develop your first map app—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET (WPF) | ArcGIS for Developers  which walks you through building first app with a map. You can also look into our Browse ArcGIS DevLabs | ArcGIS for Developers  which shows more examples. After that you can continue learning more by reading the documentation on the topics that you need to use and look our GitHub - Esri/arcgis-runtime-samples-dotnet: Sample code for ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET – UWP, WPF,...  to more details how to work with the functionality. 

0 Kudos
VijitWadhwa
New Contributor III

I went through both of them . . But the code on github is scattered and

documentation is not appropriate . . Could you please provide any other

source ?

0 Kudos
MaraStoica4
Occasional Contributor

Hello Vijit,

Like Antti mentioned, the DevLabs are a great place to start. These are step by step tutorials and should give you plenty of resources to get started. You do not have to download the code from GitHub. Below is the link to all of the .NET ones. There are 11 of them. If you try them and find them confusing, please let us know which ones you tried and what specifically you found confusing about each individual dev lab.

Browse ArcGIS DevLabs | ArcGIS for Developers 

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Vijit,

Did you find the information you need to help you start working with ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET? 

We'd greatly appreciate you spending a few minutes to let us know what improvements you would like to see in the type, organization and availability of our getting started content.

Cheers

Mike

VijitWadhwa
New Contributor III

Sir , To be very honest , I am a java developer and i have been assigned to work in GIS (Creating WPF application using ArcGIS runtime sdk in .NET) . 

I found a book called "LEARNING ARCGIS FOR .NET by Ron VINCENT" , It is a very nice book which describes how to work with ArcGIS by implementing MVVM Pattern using MVVMLIGHT Toolkit , but unfortunately that book supports version 10.2.7 and there is a drastic change in 100.2.1. Sir I am in a lot of trouble , Please help me with a any studying material. Or a small basic application with atleast 2-3 pages , so that i can catch up with the flow.

0 Kudos
MaraStoica4
Occasional Contributor

Hello Vijit,

I recommend you take a look at the Offline Mapbook for WPF | ArcGIS for Developers. It's an example app built in WPF with .NET Runtime 100.2. It comes with detailed documentation and the app is open source, you can use it to get started with your app. We also have the same app for Android, which is written in Java: Offline Mapbook for Android | ArcGIS for Developers . You can use both apps side by side to learn basic concepts as the APIs are very similar in functionality. 

Hope this helps,

Mara

VijitWadhwa
New Contributor III

Hi,

I went through that app but it is not executing and gives some error. Can you please provide me with a fully funtionally tested application ??

0 Kudos
MaraStoica4
Occasional Contributor

Hello Vijit,

The app I provide is a fully functional and tested application. Can you provide more information about your environment and what error you are getting. 

Mara

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

If you're a Java developer who's new to C# and XAML/WPF, I'd recommend starting with Microsoft's learning material. Once you got those things down, adding the runtime api should come pretty natural.

Also the Runtime API does also come with a Java version, if you'd like to stick to Java.

0 Kudos