How to pass geoprocessing parameter to local server ?

09-01-2020 12:59 AM
HarshGupta
New Contributor II

Michael Branscomb

Hi Sir,

My local server is running and geopackage is also genrated but i Dont know how to pass parameter to it and no sample code is found.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Here are some resources (samples you will find useful:

The important point is to specify appropriate input and output data types when you author your model. For example, if it's a local file then in most cases you should expose the path to the data as a string instead of supporting file input/output. If you're using ModelBuilder see Inline variable substitution—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation. Otherwise for Python see A quick tour of creating tools with Python—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
HarshGupta
New Contributor II

sir i have a featurecollection table and i want to pass this in my gpk service  one package(feature to shape line) it is asking geoprocessingfeature(gpfeaturerecord)

I had pass featurecollection to geoprocessingfeature and then pass it to gpmultivalue.it is working perfectly.

but in another package it is asking me geoprocessing string(How ?).and how to pass feature collection table to geoprocessing string...

plzz help me sir i am stuck badly

Michael Branscomb 

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

The data type of your inputs is determined by the model or python script that you have created in ArcGIS Desktop (ArGIS Pro or ArcMap).

For more information see:

Model Builder: Model parameters—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Python: Create a script tool—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Can you share the details of your model/script?

Thanks

Mike

HarshGupta
New Contributor II

Yes it helped me. Thank you so much..

0 Kudos