How to get ArcGIS Portal user content using Runtime .Net

06-01-2021 12:54 AM
ZaidOdeh
New Contributor II

I started a small exercise and had some features published via Arcmap as feature services, using the URL I was able to display those features on a base map on mobile devices, I wanted to kick this exercise up a notch, so I created a map on arcgis portal, and added those features as layers using the same account. Now I want to display the contents of that portal for the specific user, So again I had the user enter their credentials, so I can access their portal content, but I am getting an exception every time that I cannot figure out why 

"Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Http.ArcGISWebException: You do not have permissions to access this resource or perform this operation. at Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Http.ArcGISHttpClientHandler+ArcGISClientHandlerInternal.SendAsync (System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00e0a] in <46d786262d8c49d5b1ed57411302734a>:0 at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered (System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult] sendTask, System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request, System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource cts, System.Boolean disposeCts) "

Also take a look at the code at the bottom, and let me know if I am missing something, the logic is I get the username and password, I create the Credential object, and set the ChallengeHandler. Then I use the URL of the portal to access the Portal object and set its Credential,also I use the PortalUser to access the user and get their content. what am I doing wrong to get the exception above ?

Here is a chunk of the code

public async void LoginButtonClicked(){
           _tokenCredential = loginPageFrm.NetworkCred;  // This contains the credential object
           var handler = new ChallengeHandler(CreateCredentialAsync);
           AuthenticationManager.Current.ChallengeHandler = handler;                        
           var arcgisPortal = await ArcGISPortal.CreateAsync(uriPortal);
           arcgisPortal.Credential = _tokenCredential;
           var loginType =await  ArcGISPortal.GetLoginTypeForUriAsync(uriPortal);
           var portUSer=await  PortalUser.CreateAsync(arcgisPortal, loginPage.UserName);
           var contents= await portUSer.GetContentAsync(); // where the exception occurs

}
 private async Task<Credential>CreateCredentialAsync(CredentialRequestInfo info){
           // See if authentication is already in process
          if (_loginTaskCompletionSource != null) { return null; }
          _loginTaskCompletionSource = new TaskCompletionSource<Credential>(info);
              try
                  {
                   _loginTaskCompletionSource.TrySetResult(_tokenCredential);
                   return await _loginTaskCompletionSource.Task;
                  } 
                  catch (Exception ex)
                  {
                   _loginTaskCompletionSource = null;
Log.LogException(Ex,True); }
return null; } 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

What's the value of _tokenCredential when you set it? 

0 Kudos
ZaidOdeh
New Contributor II

It contains the Credintial object. I set it in the first line in 

LoginButtonClicked()

The code uptop has a typo it's missing the underscore  

0 Kudos