How to get a point along a Polyline

Jump to solution
04-08-2016 10:29 AM
HuyHo
by
Occasional Contributor

I am given a Polyline, how do I determine the MapPoint that is say 3/4 in distance along that line starting at one end? I've search the GeometryEngine class method but couldn't find anything that would help me figure this out. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

There currently isn't a way to perform this automatically with GeometryEngine.

You'll have to calculate the distance between each line segment one by one and sum it up until you exceed the distance. Then calculate the fraction you need to be down the line of the last line segment.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

There currently isn't a way to perform this automatically with GeometryEngine.

You'll have to calculate the distance between each line segment one by one and sum it up until you exceed the distance. Then calculate the fraction you need to be down the line of the last line segment.

MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Huy,

We do include some Linear Referencing geoprocessing tools with the LocalServer, but I don't know if you are currently using the LocalServer component in your solution.

We support the following tools (Local Server geoprocessing tools support—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers​:

Calibrate Routes

Create Routes

Dissolve Route Events

Locate Features Along Routes

Make Route Event Layer

Overlay Route Events

Transform Route Events

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
HuyHo
by
Occasional Contributor

We are dealing with a runtime *.geodatabase file in this case and we try to avoid using the local server in this case.  We'll try the approach Morten suggested.  Thanks.

0 Kudos