How to enable Location Display on a Scene?

Jump to solution
10-28-2016 08:38 AM
NASAUSER
New Contributor II

I was able to successfully enable Location Display on a mapview and feed it GPS locations. I am trying to do the same now with a sceneview. SceneView has the Location Display property, however I cant seem to get it working. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Unfortunately LocationDisplay is currently not supported on SceneView. It's on the roadmap for a future release. For the upcoming 100.0 release later this year we've moved LocationDisplay from the base class down to MapView - you can see that reflected in the beta doc here: ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .Net | ArcGIS for Developers and ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Xamarin | ArcGIS for Developers.

Cheers

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Unfortunately LocationDisplay is currently not supported on SceneView. It's on the roadmap for a future release. For the upcoming 100.0 release later this year we've moved LocationDisplay from the base class down to MapView - you can see that reflected in the beta doc here: ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .Net | ArcGIS for Developers and ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Xamarin | ArcGIS for Developers.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
alionthego
New Contributor II

Is there any update to this?  I was wondering if I can get the locationDisplay on a SceneView with the iOS SDK

0 Kudos
AndrewWilcockson
New Contributor III

Any update on when this might be added to SceneView (WPF)? I am being tasked with writing our own implementation for SceneView to mimic the MapView functionality, which seems like a lot of work if SceneView support is coming.