How to draw a rectangle with SketchEditor after cancelling

02-26-2019 08:48 AM
KeithLarson1
MVP Alum

Hi,

I am using the SketchEditor.StartAsync(CreationMode.Rectangle, false) to draw a rectangle on a map by dragging the mouse. I added the abaility to cancel the sketch by pressing Escape and this cancels the drawing as I expected. However, when I try to draw another rectangle, nothing shows up and the geometry returned by StartAsync is null. After this, I can draw another rectangle, but the first time I try to draw after cancelling, this happens. Is there any way around this?

Thanks,

Keith

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Sounds like a bug. Any chance you can share a small sample showing how you did this, so we can try and reproduce it and hopefully make a fix?

0 Kudos
KeithLarson1
MVP Alum
private async void MyMapView_MouseDown(object sender, System.Windows.Input.MouseEventArgs e)
{
    try
    {
        if (e.LeftButton == System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonState.Pressed)
        {
            SimpleLineSymbol line = new SimpleLineSymbol(SimpleLineSymbolStyle.Solid, System.Drawing.Color.Red, 2);
            SimpleFillSymbol fill = new SimpleFillSymbol(
                            SimpleFillSymbolStyle.Solid, System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(Convert.ToInt32("0x55", 16),
                            Convert.ToInt32("0xB0", 16), Convert.ToInt32("0xC4", 16), Convert.ToInt32("0xDE", 16)), line);
            this.MyMapView.SketchEditor.Style.FillSymbol = fill;
            this.MyMapView.SketchEditor.Style.LineSymbol = line;
            var rect = await this.MyMapView.SketchEditor.StartAsync(Esri.ArcGISRuntime.UI.SketchCreationMode.Rectangle, false);
            if (rect != null)
            {
                await this.MyMapView.SetViewpointGeometryAsync(rect);
            }
        }
    }
    catch (TaskCanceledException)
    {
        //Ignore
    }
}

private void UserControl_KeyDown(object sender, System.Windows.Input.KeyEventArgs e)
{
    if (e.Key == System.Windows.Input.Key.Escape)
    {
        if (this.MyMapView.SketchEditor.CancelCommand.CanExecute(null))
        {
            this.MyMapView.SketchEditor.CancelCommand.Execute(null);
        }
    }
}

This is the code I am using.

Thanks

0 Kudos