How do I Create a Very Simple Report with Attribute Data?

08-12-2021 12:24 PM
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am reviewing the .NET SDK and I am looking into generating a report using attribute values from a point feature class.

I am looking to do some real basic stuff. I would like to have a title, a bar graph displaying values for an attribute field and some basic stats such as showing the # of records having a specific value for an attribute field and percentage of total records having that value, etc..

Can someone point me in the right direction? Unfortunately, I am not seeing anything. Fifteen years ago, I remember using Crystal Reports to show data values in a Personal Geodatabase/Access. But there must be different options available today.

I

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Are you trying to implement reports within a custom app you've built with ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET, or within ArcGIS Pro?

ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Hi Michael, 

Thank you for your reply. 

TO answer your question, I am trying to do both. I am considering writing  Add-ins in ArcGIS Pro and writing apps using the ArcGIS Runtime  SDK.

I will probably end up using the one i can code simple reports for as this is such an important part of our overall products.

I have an idea of what can be done in ArcGIS Pro from basic use but I am still reviewing what can be done with basic statistics.

As far as developing reports in ArcGIS Runtime, I have no idea what can be done with reporting. I have not seen an example. I would love a suggestion(s). Whether it be an ESRI solution or a third party solution. 

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

I'd suggest there are multiple options, from Microsoft, Developer Express, Telerik, SAP, and others (e.g. Visual Studio Magazine's 2020 Reader's Choice Awards)

Some of our developer success stories might indicate the type of reporting others have implemented (there's a subset that used ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET).

0 Kudos
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the links. I looked through them.

There are a lot of options that are mentioned in the first link, however there is no mention of ESRI or how GIS Data has been linked to create these apps. 

The second link is nice but there is no mention of reports for the success stories for the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET apps.

I was looking to see if anyone had any experience making simple reports with  GIS Data in C#.

0 Kudos