High resolution performance issues

Jump to solution
03-17-2017 09:29 AM
BjørnarSundsbø1
Occasional Contributor II

Some of our customers have been inquisitive about supporting high resolution displays, and I've had the mixed pleasure of getting a Dell U3415W display on my desk, supporting a resolution up to 3440 x 1440 pixels. 

Using maximum resolution, navigating the map is rather jumpy, and doesn't perform very well with v10.2.7. On a normal resolution on a more traditional 24" monitor it is as smooth as one can expect.

This post is intended as a heads up, as this kind of display seems to be getting more popular these days. As this kind of resolution is absurd for most applications or websites I don't expect there to be too much demand, but figured I could give you some feedback in any case

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BjørnarSundsbø1

While this issue has not been resolved, it appears to be related either to How do I disable zoom/pan animation?  or ArcGIS Runtime 100.4 draws basemap really slow when zooming with the mouse wheel . I suspect the latter, as there will be a lot more tiles involved in high resolution monitor, and the issue is exacerbated.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BjørnarSundsbø1

While this issue has not been resolved, it appears to be related either to How do I disable zoom/pan animation?  or ArcGIS Runtime 100.4 draws basemap really slow when zooming with the mouse wheel . I suspect the latter, as there will be a lot more tiles involved in high resolution monitor, and the issue is exacerbated.

0 Kudos