Hi , I am using ArcGis .net sdk for displaying map in Windows Store app. I have an issue that the map is not getting displayed at times. This issue is intermittent.Why this happens? Please share your thought on this

09-30-2016 02:54 AM
KrishnaPriya
New Contributor II

hereby I am attaching the screenshots of the app. 1 screen shot that the map loads perfect and the other one when the issue comes. 

I can share the code upon request

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Have you checked if there are any errors when the layer is loaded?

0 Kudos
KrishnaPriya
New Contributor II

No I am not getting any errors/exceptions. If it is the case, i should not get the map all the time. but the issue is intermittent. at some point of time only i am not able to see the map

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

Could you share a reproducer so I can have a look?

0 Kudos
KrishnaPriya
New Contributor II

Hi Antti, I have attached the sample code along with my question (Due to size issue, couldn't upload the whole project). Kindly  see to it. I am sorry to say that, the issue can not be reproduced in the first execution attempt itself . it is intermittent. We cannot predict when it will come.
Is there any possibility that it is because of a network issue? Thanks in advance

PS: It is Windows 8.1 Store App. i have used "Install-Package Esri.ArcGISRuntime" command to install the arcgis package. 

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this. I ran the application maybe 50 times. I get the basemap loaded everytime even though sometimes it takes a bit longer than other times. In this case, we are talking about some seconds but the tiles comes down even in high network pressure. Make sure that you have a hook on MapView.LayerLoaded and make sure that there are no errors there. Network might be one player in the game but at least for me, everything seem to work just fine.

Do you have any corporate firewalls etc that might be part of the problem?

Try to reproduce the issue while running a tool like Fiddler to see if you can see any errors / not returned tiles there and share the logs when you get the issue visible.

0 Kudos
KrishnaPriya
New Contributor II

Thank you Antti. I Will try with MapView.LayerLoaded once and with Fiddler once . 

0 Kudos