Grouping nearby points

Jump to solution
05-06-2022 03:22 AM
vergerk
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have arranged points on my map by assigning symbols to them.
The points can be very far away (in another country) or very close (in the same street).

I would like to group the points close together (in the same street) to avoid overlapping and I found this page: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/api-net-win-desktop/developers/defining-scale-based-symbol...

The problem is that I don't want to group by zoom level but by proximity / overlap of symbols.

Is this possible?

Kind regards

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm assuming - based on the forum this is asked in - that the user is using Runtime and not ArcGIS Pro. Unfortunately 'Clustering' is not yet a feature available in the runtime.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JesseWickizer
Esri Contributor

The Clustering aggregation tool will group points based on proximity. You can label the cluster groups with a point count or configure it to display summary statistics about the features in the group. 

Select the feature layer in the Contents pane, then click the Feature Layer tab on the ribbon, then click the Aggregation drop-down menu and choose clustering.

dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm assuming - based on the forum this is asked in - that the user is using Runtime and not ArcGIS Pro. Unfortunately 'Clustering' is not yet a feature available in the runtime.

0 Kudos