Graphic map point doesn't zoom properly

02-20-2015 08:45 AM
ChrisDiPierro
New Contributor

I am new to ESRI development, and have been following tutorials. Using the .NET SDK I am able to add a map, do geolocation, and add a graphic to a graphic layer. However, I'm having a little bit of a problem with the graphic's location when the map is zoomed far out.

If I add a graphic via a map point using latitude / longitude, it shows up in precisely the right spot if I am zoomed very close in on the map. However, if I zoom out on the map, the graphic does not properly update to be placed properly. For instance, if I put one near NY City, when I'm at the maximum zoomed out point, the pushpin (tutorial graphic) is shown in the Atlantic Ocean somewhere in the vicinity of Washington DC. As I zoom in, it gets progressively closer to accurate, but not until the last few scaling views does it become precise.

Am I missing something obvious here?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChrisDiPierro
New Contributor

Hate replying to myself, but apparently the issue here is that the graphic's center is placed over top the location. This is fine for circles and that sort of thing, but not ideal for push pins. Is there a way to find the graphic size programatically and then offset appropriately?

0 Kudos