Get Route result in different Language

12-10-2017 03:44 AM
ShaharBukra
New Contributor III

Hi,

I've used this demo

arcgis-runtime-demos-dotnet/src/TurnByTurn at master · Esri/arcgis-runtime-demos-dotnet · GitHub 

i modified it to work locally, with VPTK as basemap and local locators and Network Dataset,
all work well except 1 thing,
how do i change the language of the network result to be in hebrew

var parameters = await task.CreateDefaultParametersAsync().ConfigureAwait(false);
parameters.SetStops(stopList);
parameters.ReturnStops = true;
parameters.ReturnDirections = true;
parameters.DirectionsLanguage = "he";
parameters.RouteShapeType = RouteShapeType.TrueShapeWithMeasures;
parameters.OutputSpatialReference = SpatialReferences.Wgs84;
parameters.DirectionsDistanceUnits = Esri.ArcGISRuntime.UnitSystem.Metric;
parameters.StartTime = DateTime.UtcNow;

try to use DirectionsLanguage with the values "he" or "he-IL" didnt work for me.

i have the resources.xml file already localized to hebrew and tried to put it inside

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.5\NetworkAnalyst\Directions\he

do i need to put in different place?
it supposed to be offline navigation app, the client will not have ArcMap install on their local machine

Thanks,

Shahar.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GregDeStigter
Esri Contributor

Setting parameters.DirectionsLanguage is the only code needed to get route directions in a non-English language. So I'm not sure why this isn't working for you. Could you give a little more info on your app? Is this WPF? What version of ArcGIS Runtime?

Note that ArcGIS Runtime doesn't use the same localization mechanism used by ArcGIS Desktop so there's no need to copy your localized resources to the ArcGIS Desktop path. With ArcGIS Runtime, the localized direction string resources will be deployed with your application automatically (be default) as satellite resource assemblies. After you build your application you should see a list of language folders beside your application executable ('he' should be one of them) that contain a single satellite resource DLL. Do you see these folders being deployed?

I tested this locally and I can get Hebrew direction strings so I'm confident we can get this to work.

ShaharBukra
New Contributor III

For some reason on 100.0 it didnt work, upgrade to 100.1 now make it work

and today 100.2 realsed so i will test also on that

Thanks