GeodatabaseSyncTask + token

Jump to solution
08-25-2015 02:19 AM
ArneDahlman
New Contributor III

Hi all!

Does any one know if it is possible to sync geodatabase using service that requires autentication (token)?

Generate geodatabase works fine with token, but when I try to sync my geodatabase back to server, it fails.

I am using a pregenerated long term token.

In fiddler I can se this response {"error":{"code":499,"message":"Token Required","details":[]}} after 401 challange,

I don't se any token in the post request, so I belive the problem is in my code or a bug in the .NET runtime.

My code:

var taskParameters = new SyncGeodatabaseParameters()

{

RollbackOnFailure = false,

SyncDirection = Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Tasks.Offline.SyncDirection.Upload

};

var gdbTask = new GeodatabaseSyncTask(uri);

gdbTask.Token = token; // pregenerated longterm token

GenerateGeodatabaseResult r = await gdbTask.SyncGeodatabaseAsync(taskParameters, gdb, syncCompleteCallback, null, new TimeSpan(0, 0, 3), progress, cancelToken);

I have tried this in both runtime 10.2.5 & 10.2.6.  (ArcGIS Server 10.22)

0 Kudos
14 Replies
ArneDahlman
New Contributor III

Great!

The main reason is that we want to restrict the use of some map services to certain specific applications.

A user should be able to use a service in our .NET Runtime application, but not in a common map Viewer (without bussiness rules)

Also it helps monitoring/maintance of the services if you can see wich application causing load, etc in logs.

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

Is there any reason why you can't use IdentityManager to handle the token generation for you? You can also create a long term tokens using it and if needed, cache that to the client for reuse.

0 Kudos
ArneDahlman
New Contributor III

Users should not need to input creedentials to use the application.

If it possible to use IdentityManager in the background then it should be ok.

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, that's possible. You have 2 ways to handle that. One is to include credentials to the application that are used in authentication or you can use a proxy. Read more from here​.

0 Kudos
ArneDahlman
New Contributor III

Thank you!

0 Kudos