GenerateOfflineMapJob Layer Errors

07-02-2021 05:08 AM
Milesee
New Contributor

I am using generateOfflineMapJob.GetResultAsync() to download an on-demand map package. This is working, but I am only getting around 17 map layers exported, the remaining 28 layers are being reported in the LayerErrors as:
1 x "Error creating replica"
27 x "A task was canceled."

When I look in the server logs, I see this entry:
"Error creating replica Wait time of the request to the service '***' has expired.

Is there a way to increase timeout for creating replicas on the server? Or is there some other underlying issue?

Thanks in advance, for any help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

Do any layers point to the same service?

Also if my math is correct you are indicating the map has 45 layers (17 worked, 28 failed) , I think that you might want to consider the need for a map with that many layers, I don't think the OfflineMapTask was designed with a map that extensive in mind (not saying that it should not work)

Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos
Milesee
New Contributor

Hi Joe,

Thanks for replying. To answer your questions:

Yes, a number of the layers point to the same service, and these are reported in the LayerErrors collection, I just omitted them from the original message as they are ignored. Also, I've tried doing the extract with the ReturnSchemaOnlyForEditableLayers property set to true, and I get the same result.

The number of layers in the map has already been reduced as much as possible.

Looking in the server logs I see (amongst other things):

292 instances of - Request received from the user '64ed708d-42f0-47af-a560-c0d271883e6c' for the service 'System/SyncToolsEx.GPServer'.

292 instances of - Request for the service 'System/SyncToolsEx.GPServer' processed successfully. Response sent to the user '64ed708d-42f0-47af-a560-c0d271883e6c'.

11 instances of - Creating instance of service 'System/SyncToolsEx.GPServer'.

17 instances of - Executing geoprocessing job 'j<random guid>'.

17 instances of - Job 'j<random guid>' for service 'System/SyncToolsEx' completed its execution. The status of the job after completion was 'esriJobSucceeded'. Elapsed time 'xxxxx' ms.

I'm wondering if there's a limitation on SyncToolsEx GPService, eg, number of instances, timeout values, maximum time it can be processing, etc.. But as it's a *Ex GPService, I can't see any way of seeing if these properties exist or can be changed.

0 Kudos