fade away on lines in dynamic graphics layer in Scene

05-16-2017 06:51 AM
DavidHope
New Contributor III

Is there a way to control the "fade" distance on a polyline drawn in a dynamic graphic layer.

For instance, if I use this code:

GraphicsOverlay mapOL = new GraphicsOverlay();
mapOL.SceneProperties.SurfacePlacement = SurfacePlacement.Draped;
mapOL.RenderingMode = GraphicsRenderingMode.Dynamic;
var lineSymbol = new SimpleLineSymbol() { Color = System.Windows.Media.Colors.Red, Width = 2 };

var polyLine1 = new Polyline(new MapPoint[] { new MapPoint(-100, 10), new MapPoint(-100, 11) }, SpatialReferences.Wgs84);
mapOL.Graphics.Add(new Graphic() { Geometry = polyLine1, Symbol = lineSymbol });

var polyLine2 = new Polyline(new MapPoint[] { new MapPoint(-100, 12), new MapPoint(-100, 15) }, SpatialReferences.Wgs84);
mapOL.Graphics.Add(new Graphic() { Geometry = polyLine2, Symbol = lineSymbol });

_scenegraphicsOverlays.Add(mapOL);

Then, polyLine1 fades from view before polyLine2 does when zooming out in a Scene. I'm trying to create a complex figure with the polylines and want them all to display at the same time.

How can I manage this?

(BTW, I know that I can use Graphics.RenderMode.Static, but prefer that the overlays be dynamic.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidHope
New Contributor III

BTW, I have the same issue if I have a multi-segment polyline, short segments will fadeout before longer segments do, leaving me an incomplete line.

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Just so I'm correctly understanding what the problem is, could you share a screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

0 Kudos
DavidHope
New Contributor III

sure here is set of screen shots. This is a "range marker" there should 5 concentric circles at ranges of 200, 400, 600, 800, and 1000 km from the center. So zoomed way out, you cant see any rings, as you zoom in additional rings "fade-in". This is due to the size of the line segments that make up the rings, each one takes 180 steps around the circumference. The rings are made of polylines.

no rings

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

We've identified the rendering issue and will have it fixed in our upcoming release. Thank you for reporting this 

0 Kudos