Esri Ole Db Provider

09-16-2019 11:14 AM
MichaelMelancon
New Contributor II

Where can I get access to the Esri Ole Db provider for querying shapefiles and geodatabases as described here?

How to use the ESRI OLE DB provider with a geodatabase 

5 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Please can you confirm what product you are using? 

e.g.

ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET (Esri.ArcGISRuntime.WPF)?

ArcObjects .NET SDK?

Thanks

Mike 

0 Kudos
MichaelMelancon
New Contributor II

HI,

We are using version 100.6 of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .Net for visualizing layers, however, we have a customer who is trying to extract information directly from a shapefile. I found the referenced article that states there should be an Ole Db provider that can do this, but we are having trouble explaining to them where they can get access to it or what products are necessary to install in order to get it.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

ArcGIS Runtime can access Shapefiles directly via the ShapefileFeatureTable Class. The Ole Db provider is not required (applies to a different ArcGIS developer SDK).

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
MichaelMelancon
New Contributor II

I understand that. I'm not trying to find it in that SDK, I'm just trying to find what it actually is in.

I can't find anywhere that tells me how to actually get it installed. Do you know where I can find the install for the Ole Db Provider?

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

It is one of the libraries included with ArcObjects SDK for .NET which can be used for extending ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap / ArcCatalog) or building standalone custom apps (ArcGIS Engine): https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcobjects/latest/net/webframe.htm#DataSourcesOLEDB.htm 

For more information see ArcGIS Engine Developer Kit 10.7.1 and ArcGIS Engine 10.7.1 quick start guide—Quick Start Guides | A...

This is a different SDK from ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET. The two are not intended to be used together within the same app.

Regards

Mike

0 Kudos