Esri Layers Not Loading on Xamarin.iOS Application - Invalid JSON Exception

10-06-2017 02:58 AM
YashvitNaik
New Contributor III

Am currently using the Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Xamarin.iOS v100.0.0 version on the following version of Xamarin Studio for Mac(6.1.2 build 44) with Xamarin.IOS Version: 10.2.1.5 & XCode Version 8.1.

I get the following Exception when attempting to load a Feature Layer by doing a LoadAsync on the ServiceFeatureTable queried from a given URL : (see enclosed log).
“Esri.ArcGISRuntimeException: Invalid JSON  at System RuntimeExceptionServices.Exception”

This only happens for certain layers, have tried validating the JSON returned from querying the layer, there seems to be no issue there. The attributes on the Layers that work and don’t work are pretty much the same.

But the thing to note here is that, the above layer in question loads up on the map fine when its saved in a GeoDatabase (for offline querying), and when queried using the GeodatabaseFeatureTable subsequently.  

Any Help on this would be much Appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Are you able to reproduce if you update to Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Xamarin.iOS v100.1.0 ? 

If so, please share the json from the service endpoint and your code.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
YashvitNaik
New Contributor III

Hello,

I can confirm that the issue still persists while using the Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Xamarin.iOS v100.1.0 version.

Sharing the service response json of the layer that throws the error.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
YashvitNaik
New Contributor III

Hi, 

Have you guys been able to make any headway on the issue mentioned above, It still persists for me and the same Exception is thrown on a Android Device as well as iOS Ipad, both applications developed by Xamarin off course, with the latest Esri build (Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Xamarin.iOS v100.2.0). 

It seems to be happening on Layers with Geometry Type  "EsriGeometryPolyline" mostly. There doesnt seem to be any issue with the layer in question as it gets plotted on our web portal (via Javascript calls).

Any Help on this would be much Appreciated.

Thank You

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

I think I know what's wrong: You have a field called "Editor" twice. I'm not sure how you got into that state, but that's definitely not allowed.