Esri.ArcGISRuntime 100.11.2 and .NET Core 5.0 does not have a 'net5.0' dependency

06-24-2021 08:10 AM
FestusRedelinghuys
New Contributor

We have a problem with Esri.ArcGISRuntime 100.11.2 and .NET Core 5.0

When using the Esri.ArcGISRuntime 100.11.2 NuGet package in a .NET Core 5.0 application (DLL, NON-WINDOWS), the application is dependent on ‘net5.0-windows’ and not ‘net5.0’

This causes issues in compatibility when used in a much larger solution

It seems to me that the ‘net5.0’ dependency needs to be added to the list of dependencies.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

DLL, NON-WINDOWS)

Only Windows, iOS and Android are supported. To do .NET 5, you'll have to at least target net5.0-windows10.0.18362.0

0 Kudos
FestusRedelinghuys
New Contributor

I am using .NET 5.0.

The DLL works fine except I have to pull it out of the NuGet package and then reference it directly.
I can't use the NuGet package because of the lack of dependency support for 'net5.0'
Since the DLL works fine, I guess they basically only need to fix up the NuGet package.

I still have to test it to a Linux docker container, hopefully it works there too.

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

The DLL works fine except I have to pull it out of the NuGet package and then reference it directly.

The nuget package does more than just reference that assembly. This is not in any way a supported method. You might be tricking the compiler into compiling things, but it won't run.

I still have to test it to a Linux docker container, hopefully it works there too.

It will not. As mentioned this only works on Windows, iOS and Android because those are the only platforms that there are provided native runtimes for.

If you're running in a docker container, it does sound like you're trying to use the runtime in a service - if that is the case, be aware this is again not a supported scenario and most likely against the license agreement.

0 Kudos
FestusRedelinghuys
New Contributor

My apologies, you are right.

I previously used it under Windows but subsequently I have converted the application to NET Core 5.
All compiled well but the dll can't be referenced anymore.

I will look for an alternative solution.

Thanks

0 Kudos